Voice of Our Dolphins – Video Creative Competition
- Allow primary and secondary school students to gain a better understanding of Chinese white dolphin conservation
- Encourage students use of their creativity to promote marine conservation through multimedia production
- Selected videos will be shared online to help raise awareness of Chinese white dolphin conservation
- Students will produce a three-minute video that centres on the theme “Voice of Our Dolphins” to raise public awareness and support for Chinese white dolphin conservation
- The video must include at least one clip of Hong Kong underwater sound provided by WWF
- Video entry specifications:
|Video length||Not more than 3 minutes (video entries that exceed the maximum length will be assessed based only on the first 3 minutes of the piece)|
|Language of narration (if applicable)||Cantonese or English|
|Subtitle (not mandatory)||Traditional Chinese or English|
|Format||MP4 or MOV|
|Others||Applicants must provide an entry topic and include a brief description of 100 words or less, in either Chinese or English|
Eligibility and Categories
- Applicants must be full-time students from a Hong Kong primary or secondary school.
- The competition consists of Primary (for P.3 – P.6 students) and Secondary (for S.1 – S.6 students) categories.
- Students may participate as individual entrants or as a team of no more than five members.
- Each participant (individual or team) may submit one entry only.
- Immediate family members of WWF-Hong Kong are not eligible to participate in the competition.
|Content||40%||Relevance of the content to the competition theme|
|Creativity||30%||Innovation, originality, creative concept and presentation style|
|Production||30%||Aesthetic aspect, audio-visual effects and use of multimedia|
Results will be announced in March 2021 on WWF-Hong Kong’s website.
- The winners will be awarded based on the following categories: Champion, 1st Runner-up, 2nd Runner-up, and Merit Award
- Winners will receive an award certificate and join a dolphin watching tour, guided by a WWF expert.
- Winning entries will be shared on WWF online platforms and during school outreach activities.
|Award||Name of Awardees||School Name||Video Title|
|Champion||Hui Mung Ham, Yung Yu Ching||S.K.H. St. Michael’s Primary School||聲音|
|1st Runner-up||Yee Yuen Andrea, Yuen Yee Ting Hayley||Diocesan Girls’ Junior School||Andrea & Hayley’s Hope|
|2nd Runner-up||Ng Yat Nga||Diocesan Girls’ Junior School||Please Save Chinese White Dolphins|
|Merit||Lie Christy Sum Ki||Diocesan Girls’ Junior School||Deter Dolphin Disappearance|
|Award||Name of Awardees||School Name||Video Title|
|Champion||Se Lyn Lim||Harrow International School Hong Kong||The Voice of Our Dolphins|
|1st Runner-up||Lau Sze Yan, Lau Tsz Ching, Wong Cho Wing||Pui Shing Catholic Secondary School||海豚知音|
|2nd Runner-up||Micah Shaw||Victoria Shanghai Academy||Do Chinese White Dolphins really need our help?|
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 2526 1011 (2>5)
To submit your entry
- Applicants can use either of the following ways to submit their entries:
- Email subject line: Voice of our Dolphins Video Creative Competition
- Include in the email the applicant(s)’ name(s) and category.
- Include the video title and a brief description in 100 words (in Traditional Chinese or English, including punctuation marks)
Application: 5 Mar 2021 (Fri)
Submission of entries: 19 Mar 2021 (Fri)
Online Sharing Session
|Date：||25 February 2021 (Thurs)|
|Time：||3:00 – 3:45 p.m.|
|Target：||Teachers and students from primary and secondary schools|
|Fee：||Free of charge|
Rules and regulations
By submitting the application form to WWF-Hong Kong (“the Organizer), participants and/or their parents and guardians are deemed to have read, accepted and agreed to abide by the below rules and regulations of the competition. If participants violate any competition regulations or law, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
- Participant has to ensure all information submitted is true and accurate.
- The date of the email when submitting the entry will be regarded as the submission date. All late submissions will not be accepted.
- Once submitted, the entries cannot be modified and will not be returned to participants.
- An entry must be the original work of the participant and does not infringe on the rights (including intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or confidentiality) of any other parties. Otherwise, they would be disqualified from the competition. If a submitted entry infringes or violates any regulation, the participant shall be held responsible for all legal liabilities, and shall indemnify the Organizer against all direct and indirect damages and losses resulted therefrom. The Organizer shall not be held responsible for all legal and other liabilities.
- Apart from the materials provided by the Organizer, if other materials including images, movie clips, video clips or music are used in an entry, the participant must obtain the relevant lawful authorization before use. The Organizer reserves the right to request written proof of such authorization from the participant.
- Participant must have obtained prior permission of any people featured in the entry (except the participant himself or herself). If there are any disputes arising from the use of images in the entry in the future, all responsibilities shall lie with the participant.
- An entry shall not contain materials that are illegal, obscene, violent, pornographic, defamatory, indecent or any content that is controversial and inappropriate.
- Participants must guarantee their entries have never been published or broadcast through any channels, nor have they been submitted for other competitions.
- Participants agree to assign the copyright of their works without charge to the Organizer. The Organizer has the right to edit, amend, use, copy and distribute the works, in whole or in part, without prior consent of the participant or payment, for any promotion, exhibition and educational purposes.
- The decision of the adjudication panel on the competition results shall be final. In case of any disputes, the decision of the Organizer is final. The competition does not have an appeal mechanism.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make decisions on all matters relating to the competition, which shall be final. This includes the right to interpret, amend, supplement, cancel or suspend the rules and regulation, prizes and other arrangements of the competition without notice.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese version for the rules and regulations of this competition, the Chinese version shall prevail.
- Personal Information Collection Statement (PICS):
Participants authorize the Organizer to collect, handle and use their personal data for communication and promotion of this competition. Participants have the right to request access to and correct their personal information.
Competition Materials available for download
1. Underwater soundtracks collected by WWF
A total of 8 source files of Hong Kong underwater sound clips will be sent to successful applicants for use in their entry. The video must include at least one of the clips provided.
Preview of the sound clips:
|Dolphin + Fish + Vessel||An underwater symphony of Chinese white dolphin whistles, fish calls (frog-like sounds) and vessel noise|
|Dolphin whistles||Chinese white dolphin(s) communicating with their members using whistles|
|Dolphin whistles + vessel noise||Low audible Chinese white dolphin whistles that have been masked by major underwater noise from vessels|
|Fish chorus||Fish sounds recorded around the Soko Islands during breeding season|
|Fishing Vessel||Noise from fishing boat engines recorded from a relatively short distance|
|High-speed vessel||Noise from a passing high-speed vessel|
|Tai O speed boat||Noise from a passing speedboat; Noise collected off Tai O, possibly from a dolphin-watching boat|
|Dolphin looking for food||Clicks and buzzes produced by Chinese white dolphin(s) looking for food; slowed down to be within the hearing range of humans|
Photos used in the competition must be properly credited. WWF will send 30 high-resolution photos to successful applicants for use in their entry.
Preview of some photos:
3. Competition Poster
Click here to view or download the competition poster.